What is the difference between SIP & Hosted? Check out our graphic which should help you better understand.
SIP trunks and Physical system – Internet based phone lines usually connected to a Physical on premise system via a secure internet connection. All devices (on site or remote extensions) require a secure connection back to the system in order to access system features and make calls. The number of SIP trunks dictates the number of concurrent calls.
- Pre-programmed business continuity and disaster recovery with call re-routing to a number of backup destinations
- Reliable – guaranteed SIP Trunk uptime backed by our SLA
- Flexible – Add trunks as and when required
Hosted – A software based system hosted in an off site, secure and resilient cloud environment. Devices can connect via any suitable internet connection.
- Secure – built in business continuity and disaster recovery with call re-routing and multiple devices
- Reliable – guaranteed uptime backed by our SLA
- Scalable – simply add users as required
- Future-proofed with continual service enhancements
- No line limitation on the number of concurrent calls
Contact us today for more information.